Quokka3, a software to simulate (silicon) solar cells in 3D faster and more complete than ever.
A commercial-quality rebuilt and enhancements of the popular free Quokka 2
Quokka3 - Key features
- Solves up to full-size cells in 3D
- Accurately accounts for metal grid losses
- Well suited for bifacial cells
- Accounts for edge recombination
- Fastest 3D simulator available due to skin concept
- Flexible in physical detail vs speed and simplicity
- JV-curve, quantum efficiency, suns-Voc curve, ...
- Luminescence modelling for EL / PL simulation
Understand and optimize the rear contact pattern, bifaciality and electro-optical losses.Read more
Investigate parasitic absorption and contact resistance losses when using poly-Si contact layers.Read more
Quantify optical and electrical losses in hetero-junction solar cells based on IV and EQE measurements.Read more
Use Quokka3's resistive mode to accurately analyse your advanced contact resistance structures.Read more
Understand the impact of edge effects on cell performance.Read more
Fraunhofer ISE is the main scientific partner for testing and applying new functionalities. ISE hosts the Marie-Curie fellowship of Andreas for the development of Quokka3.
The predecessor of Quokka3 was developed during Andreas' employment at The Australian National University. A strong scientific partnership is maintained, including priority software access.
PV Lighthouse hosts the free predecessor of Quokka3, and from its very early days continued to scientifically collaborate on the improvement of relevant models.